My boyfriend absolutely loves fries potatoes and onions. His mom makes the best and I just cannot perfect them, they either burn or turn into mush. I got a new air fryer for Christmas, I had a basket style but this one has trays so why not try some crispy potatoes in it. Here is how I made these Crispy Potato Bites.
You need very minimal ingredients for this recipe, and I know just how much every one likes those recipes. Here is a list of ingredients:
- Potato Bites
- Olive Oil
- Season Salt
How Do I Prepare This?
Start by dicing up your potato bites into quarters, sometimes smaller depending on the size of the potato. Place diced potatoes in a ziplock bag, mixing in your olive oil and seasonings. Close up the bag and using your hands, toss the potatoes around inside the bag, to get fully covered in seasonings and oil.
Dice up your onion and toss in the bag with the potatoes and toss around on more time.
Preheat your air fryer to 325 degrees and place your potatoes on the frying rack. cooking for 10 minutes, checking and tossing around and than placing back in the air fryer for another few minutes.
I personally over cooked my batch (last photo), potatoes were good but the onions got too crispy. I have adjusted the time to hopefully avoid that next time. Still very delicious!! This is a great little side to one of your favorite casseroles. Check out some of my other posts, to see what kind of casserole you should try !
Much Love & Honey,
Air Fryer Crispy Potato Bites
- 1 Air Fryer
- 12 oz Bite Size Potatoes Quartered
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Season Salt To Taste
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- Preheat your air fryer to 325 degrees.
- Quarter your bite size potatoes and place in a large ziplock bag.
- Add your olive oil and seasoning to the ziplock bag and close. Using your hands, mix the potatoes around inside the bag.
- Dice your yellow onion and add into your bag of potatoes. Mix around one more time.
- Place your potatoes and onions on the air fryer rack and place in the fryer. Set timer for 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Once time is up, remove from fryer, check and toss around a little bit. Place back in the oven for another few minutes, until they are cooked.