I am a sucker for quick easy snacks, but especially breakfast. I find that myself, I have to eat something for breakfast or I get sick. Something I have always dealt with, I almost always have snacks with me in my purse.
One day I was talking to my mom about how I need to find something to eat in the mornings that’s easy and she said “Have you ever made those eggs in the muffin tin? You can cook them and throw them right in the fridge and even eat them cold, or heat them up.”
I had a slight idea of what she was talking about, so I did a quick internet search and got the gist of things and I created my own, and the best part is this is a Low-Carb Recipe. I already had all the ingredients in my fridge, which always makes a recipe taste better. Here is a step-by-step on how I made these and at the very bottom will be the full recipe. Be sure to check it out, save it to your Pinterest or share with your friends.
- Ham – Lunch Meat or Rounds
- Bacon Crumbles
- Salt and Pepper – To Taste
How Do I Make This?
I think my favorite part about these is, you really don’t dirty up much dishes. You really only dirty a bowl for the eggs. To start, spray inside each muffin cup, that you are using with your preferred cooking spray. I use Olive Oil Spray, but whatever you prefer.
Now that your muffin tin is oiled, place your ham inside each tin. I had already bought some ham rounds that I use for ham sammys and they happened to fit really well, however you can use ham lunch meat.
From here on, you pretty much just add all the ingredients. Add in your shredded cheese, about a pinch in each cup. Pour in your egg mixture, so its about 3/4 full. Toss on top of the egg mixture your Bacon Crumbles, Spinach and onion. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the eggs are fully cooked. Allow to cool and they should pop right out of the tin. Eat a couple now and save the rest for On-The-Go breakfasts, for the upcoming work week.
I think I will make a batch of these for camping as well. These will be great for something quick to eat when you get up. I hope this is something you try to take some stress off of your mornings by prepping ahead of time, or saving you money so you don’t have to stop at a Gas Station on your way to work.
Be sure to check out the full recipe below.
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 Lb Ham - Lunch Meat or Rounds
- 4 Oz Cheese
- 6-8 Eggs
- Bacon Crumbles
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and oil your muffin tin with your desired cooking spray. Olive Oil Spray, works really good.
- Place your ham inside each cup in the tin.
- Add your shredded cheese on top of the ham, about a pinch in each cup.
- In a small bowl, whisk your eggs together and than pour inside each muffin cup. Filling it about 3/4 full.
- Top the eggs with spinach, bacon crumbles and onions.
- Sprinkle your salt & pepper on top of everything.
- Place inside the preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes. Until the eggs are fully cooked.
- This is just a reference of the ingredients I used and how much. Depending on how much you are making you may need to use more or less.