Are you trying to lose some weight or maybe you are trying to watch how much carbs you eat? Than this is the recipe for you. The Cheeseburger Casserole is so quick to make and has all the cheeseburger flavors, without the bun. No more feeling guilty eating those extra carbs when you can eat something even better and feel good about it.
What do I need to make this?
There really isn’t much to this recipe, which are the best kind of recipes. The average person should have all the ingredients in their home, but may need to purchase a couple things. You will need hamburger, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, onion, ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. You’ll want to get everything out and ready before you start.
How do I prepare this meal?
You will start with browning your burger and onions together, just for a couple of minutes. Make sure you season your burger extra good, that is important in every meal. Than add your minced garlic and sauté that for a couple of minutes. Add a little more seasonings and stir everything together. Than you want to add your ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Stir all together and than transfer in a baking dish and than place in the oven. Refer to the pictures below to see step – by – step.
Take a look at the recipe below to see the ingredients list and the step-by-step directions on how to make this simple casserole. The recipe I have is a serving amount for 2 people, you can however double the recipe easily to feed more people. I also like to stuff the casserole in some lettuce leaves and eat it like a taco.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Burger
- 1/2 Onion - Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves - Minced
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup - Unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise -Avocado Oil Based
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat cast iron skillet and coat with olive oil. Brown the burger and onions together, for about 5 minutes. Add in the seasonings while cooking, to ensure the burger has lots og flavor. Toss in the minced garlic and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Drain any access fat/grease if there is any.
2. Add in the ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir everything together, make sure the burger is well coated.
3. Add the casserole into a baking dish and top the shredded cheese on top and place in the oven.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- You can use regular mayonnaise as well as ketchup, if you prefer. It wouldn't be considered "low carb" but will still be great.
- You can stuff the casserole into some lettuce leaves and eat it like a taco as well. SO great and has a nice crunch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1049Total Fat: 71gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 3435mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 50g