Cheeseburger Soup is such an easy soup to throw together on a Sunday morning, so you can have a late lunch to warm the soul! You can always add or leave anything out when it comes to this style soup. Its hearty and cheesy, what more could you ask for.
I’ve mentioned this a few blog posts back now, but I joined a soup group on Facebook, called “Soup Lovers” and seriously its the best thing ever ! I now want to eat soup every day! There is SO many different soups out there, from different cultures as well! If you love soup and haven’t joined this group yet, I highly recommend you do as soon as you save this recipe!
Below is step-by-step pictures, quick guide on how I put this together and followed up with the complete recipe at the bottom. Be sure to check it out!
List Of Ingredients
You can always leave things out or add things.
- Ground Burger – Browned
- Sweet Peppers
- Minced Garlic
- Vegetable Broth
- Heavy Whipping Cream
Why A Crockpot?
I very much like making soups in a crockpot, if I have things to do that day. For instance, when I made this soup last, I had a busy day or running errands and watching Marks Nieces Ice Skate show! This was perfect to toss into the crockpot and come home from the rink to a crockpot of hot soup!
This can most certainly be made on the stove, it would have to simmer for a while to break down the tomatoes but absolutely possible!
How Do I Make This?
I found this soup to be very easy to put together! Start out by browning your burger in a pan on the stove and dicing up your vegetables. Add your diced vegetables and browned burger into your crockpot!
Next step is stirring in your vegetable broth or beef broth if you prefer. Also, adding in your desired seasonings. This part is entirely up to your taste buds.
Set the timer on your crockpot for 4 hours on high. This is really just to soften up your vegetables and heat everything up! If it has to cook a little longer that it okay.
Once you come back after cook time, shred your cheese, throw that in the crockpot and stir in the heavy whipping cream. Stirring everything until your cheese has melted. Once your cheese has melted, serve up yourself a delicious bowl of Cheeseburger Soup!
- This can be made on the stove top.
- You can add or leave anything out you don’t link
- Make a roux if you prefer this as a thicker stew instead of soup.
Enjoy yourself a delicious bowl of this soup ! Remember all of my recipes can be saved to Facebook and Pinterest as well as printed. Thanks for checking out my recipe and sharing with your friends ! Have a lovely day!
Much Love & Honey,
Cheeseburger Soup – Crockpot
- 1 8 Quart Crockpot
- 1 lbs Ground Beef Browned
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Sweet Pepper Diced
- 4 Oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tomatoes – Beefsteak or On-The-Vine Sliced
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 6 Cups Vegetable or Beef Broth
- 8 Oz Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese Freshly Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a medium pan, brown your ground beef and season as you like, drain and set aside.
- Slice and dice your vegetables and throw into the crockpot. Adding in your browned ground beef as well.
- Pour in your vegetable broth and season as your taste buds prefer. I.e. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Parsley, ECT.
- Set the crockpot on high heat for 4 hours.
- Once the 4 hours is up, shred your cheese. Freshly shredded cheese works best for this, as it melts best. Toss your cheese in the crockpot and stir until your cheese is completely melted.
- Lastly, mix in your heavy whipping cream, stirring one last time to combine everything before serving a bowl.
- If you wish, top your bowl with more shredded cheese and bacon crumbles, absolutely optional.