Going to start off by saying, the title is a tongue twister, but some of the best recipes always are. If you are a spice lover, this is a recipe for you. Not that Buffalo Sauce is super spicy, but to someone whose sensitive to spice, they wont like this. This is a casserole best made when you have time, the prep takes a little bit. Below will be step-by-step pictures followed by the full recipe at the bottom.
List Of Ingredients
- Large Head of Cauliflower
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Buffalo Sauce
- Chicken – Diced
The main filler of this recipe is Riced Cauliflower. You can purchase a bag of frozen riced cauliflower but sometimes that can get a weird taste and be watery. If you have time, ricing your own is 100% the way to go. All you need is a head of cauliflower and a cheese grater.
Grate your cauliflower on your cheese grater and set aside in a bowl. I use the larger grater on the cheese grater, but whatever you prefer. I am sure you could also use a food processor.
Here is how to make this casserole. Now that you have your cauliflower riced and in a large bowl add in the rest of the ingredients. The softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese, seasonings and your chicken.
Notes: You can use diced chicken or shredded, I’ve done both and I think diced chicken is the best.
Mix everything together in your large bowl and than spoon into your casserole dish. Sprinkling the remaining cheese on top, covering with tinfoil and baking in the oven. Yes, seriously, its THAT easy.
Can I Leave Out The Chicken?
Absolutely! This would be very delicious without the chicken. I don’t know that there is any other meat I would want to substitute but you can certainly leave it out and still enjoy this delicious meal.
Be sure to check out the full recipe below. Remember all my posts can be shared to Pinterest, Facebook or Printed, for a later day. I appreciate any comments you leave, especially if you’ve tried it and loved it!
Much Love & Honey,
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole – Low Carb
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 8 Oz Sharp Cheddar Freshly Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 lb Diced Chicken
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Cook Chicken Breasts however you wish, on the stove, in the oven, instant pot. Once cooked set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, rice your cauliflower using a cheese grater.
- Once your cauliflower is riced, add in your cream cheese, buffalo sauce, 4oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and diced chicken breasts.
- Mix everything together and scoop into your casserole dish. Sprinkle remainder of your shredded cheese on top, add some seasonings (if you wish) and cover loosely with tin foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, remove the tin foil and bake another 10 minutes.