Cheesy Kielbasa & Potatoes Casserole is a great family meal. This goes a long ways for a fairly inexpensive cost. It is certainly not a low-carb recipe, like I try and make most nights but I had some potatoes I needed to use up so figured was good reason to use them.
This would be perfect to make for Sunday lunch with your family, as it does take a little bit of time to throw together and cook. Like I said above, this makes a good amount, where it would be worth sharing with some family.
I created this recipe similar to my cheesy potato recipe :
I chose to make this similar, just because it is simple to me now and I typically have everything I need already in my pantry and fridge. This was a lot of the point of this recipe, to use up some things! Read more below and see my step-by-step pictures to see how I created this delicious dinner.
- Cream of Chicken Can
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
Start by gathering all your things and getting them together. Get out your cutting board and a large bowl. Dice up your potatoes into small pieces, the smaller the better as it will cook better in the oven. Than chop up your onion into small pieces. you can use either a yellow onion or green onions. Last thing to chop up is your kielbasa into small pieces. I cut them in half so they aren’t too large. Put everything in the large bowl and move onto the next step.
Get your medium pan out and melt your butter and than mix in your can of Cream of Chicken. I like to continue to mix until nice and “fluffy” if this actually was fluffy. While the butter is melting, shred up your cheese. You can use pre-shredded cheese if you like, I just prefer to shred my own, it tastes better.
Mix the cheese into the bowl with everything else and once your butter and cream of chicken is hot and mixed together thoroughly. add that into your large bowl and lastly your sour cream (not pictured below)
Now that you have everything mixed together, grease your 9×13 baking pan and place in a 350 degree preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes. Make sure your pan is not too full, because it will bubble some and you don’t want it bubbling over.
This is such a delicious casserole. It is sure to satisfy your tastebuds and wanting more. You could even make this better, by adding some bacon crumbles to the top, because everything tastes better with bacon.
The full recipe with measurements and times is listed below. I hope you take a read, print it, share it to FB or Pinterest and enjoy it with your family or by yourself. Let me know what you think.
Cheesy Kielbasa & Potatoes Casserole
Cheesy Kielbasa & Potato Casserole will definitely satisfy your taste-buds and have you wanting more.
- 4-5 Mediums Potatoes
- 1/2 Onion
- 14 Oz Kielbasa
- 4 Oz Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 10.5 Oz Cream of Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice up your potatoes into small pieces. The smaller the pieces the better, it'll cook best.
- Chop up your onion into small pieces and dice your kielbasa into small pieces as well.
- Get out a large bowl and put your potatoes, onions and kielbasa into the bowl.
- Mix in your seasonings, if you wish.
- Grab out your pan and add the butter and cream of chicken until melted together. Stirring constantly to mix well.
- Shred your cheese if you choose to use fresh block cheese otherwise measure out your cheese and add into the bowl.
- Once your butter and cream of chicken is melted and mixed together, add that into the bowl with everything else. Mix in your sour cream and stir everything until well incorporated.
- Grease your 9x13 baking dish with your favorite cooking spray, add everything into the pan and place in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Once finished, allow to cool for just a couple of minutes, before serving.
Yum looks so delicious
Sure hope you give it a try
Looks delicious and easy! Pictures help to understand the process. Love it when recipes include step by step pictures.
Thanks Natasha. I enjoy seeing step by step pictures as well in the recipes I read. I appreciate the comment.
One of my favorite and go to meals from you, having it tonight!
Glad you love it Molly! Thanks for sharing 🙂