This recipe originally started out to be a foil packet low carb recipe. But than I jogged my brain some and decided I wanted to make it into a casserole, which unfortunately no longer made it a low carb recipe. Still delicious none-the-less and I still got some vegetables in for the day. I always feel so good when I eat my vegetables.
Here is how I put together this completely random but totally delicious Cheesy Sausage & Broccoli Casserole. Everything cooked up SO nicely and was the perfect amount of creamy and cheesy. I absolutely loved it. Below will be a quick list of ingredients needed, step by step pictures, and at the bottom is the complete recipe. Remember to share to facebook, your friends or pinterest. All recipes are also printer friendly.
List Of Ingredients Needed
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Favorite Seasonings
How Can I Make This?
This is so easy to make, most everything is done in one pan. You will need a second pan, just to heat up your chicken soup but other than that it all goes in one pan and cooks. Here is how I put this together, now you can certainly add or remove things if you do not like them.
Dice your kielbasa, cut into small chunks, but remember if you have a child eating this to cut the circle in half so they don’t choke. Cut up your fresh broccoli, I like to use mostly flowerets, but dice it up however you would like. Chop up your onion, again to your desired size. If you are using a 9×13 baking dish, you may want to grease it. I chose to use my cast iron, so I did not grease it. Once you decide on your pan and its greased if you’re going that route, add in your vegetables and kielbasa and set aside for now.
Get out your second pan and throw a 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the pan and pour in your cream of chicken. While the cream of chicken is heating up, continuously stirring once it gets hot, shred your cheese. Now if you choose, you could use pre-shredded cheese but block cheese has less carbs (If you care) and it also melts better.
When the chicken soup is hot, pour that into your bowl of shredded cheese and stir to combine. Once the cheese is mostly melted, pour the cheese mixture over your meat and veggies. Throw a couple of tablespoons of butter on top and season the heck out of it with your favorite seasonings. Place in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring at least once to ensure the broccoli cooks entirely. Once it is cooked, remove from oven and enjoy!!
This was absolutely delicious and I will make it again. I love finding new ways to incorporate kielbasa into my dinners. We used to eat it just plain but I like finding new delicious ways to enjoy it. I hope you give this a try and let me know what you thought of it.
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 Ring Kielbasa Sausage - Cut Into Chunks
- 1 lbs Fresh Broccoli - Diced Up
- 1/2 Yellow Onion - Diced Up
- 10.5 Oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 Oz Shred Cheddar Cheese - From Block
- Desired Seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees
- Dice up your broccoli, onions, kielbasa and set aside.
- If you are using a 9x13 baking dish, you will want to grease that before adding in the ingredients. You can use a cast iron pan for this if you wish though.
- Add your kielbasa, onion and broccoli to your pan and set aside.
- In a separate pan over medium heat, add a 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once that is melted, add in your can of cream of chicken soup. Stirring constantly once it heats up.
- Shred your cheddar cheese and place in a medium bowl.
- Once the chicken soup is hot, pour that into your cheese bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour your cheese mixture into the pan and stir around to combine.
- Place in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Stir at least once to ensure your broccoli cooks all the way. Remove from oven and serve.