Back with my weekly soup recipes! I have been really enjoying this tradition I started. I will say I am saving money by making a soup once a week. If you ever need a fairly inexpensive dinner/lunch that goes a ways, make a soup! Seriously! I tend to share a lot of my soups with family and friends because its hard for two of us to eat it all ourselves.
This weeks soup is Chicken Cordon Bleu! The best part about this soup is its a low carb version! I tend to focus often on low carb foods not for weight loss, just because I feel better about myself when I make a lighter food! A lot of times too, a low carb dish has more flavor!
Chicken Cordon Bleu was another easy to throw together soup. I honestly thought it was going to be hard to throw this together but it went together quick and painlessly! Check out below how you can create this recipe for yourself!!
Quick Ingredient List:
- Chicken Breasts
- Biscuit Ham
- Cream Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Swiss Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
Notes: The seasonings I used are optional. You do not have to use what I used to create yours.
In a large pan or cast iron skillet, cooked your chicken breasts. Seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Once cooked fully, dice into as small of pieces as you would like. Remember this is a soup, so you don’t want too big of pieces.
While your chicken is cooking, dice your ham pieces into small squares, dice up an onion and also toss into the crockpot along with your chicken. Stir in your chicken broth and softened cream cheese. At this point, this looks very strange.
Set the crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8. At this point, everything is already cooked you are just trying to get everything to marry together well.
After your time is up, stir in shredded Swiss cheese. I find that fresh block cheese shredded melts best but use whatever you prefer. Once the cheese is fully melted, put together a delicious bowl and ENJOY!
Below is the complete recipe with times and measurements. All recipes can be saved to Pinterest, shared to Facebook and printed. Thanks for checking out my recent flavor of the week!
Much Love & Honey,
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup – Crockpot
- 1 8 Quart Crockpot
- 1 lbs Chicken Breast Cooked and Diced
- 6 Oz Biscuit Ham Slices Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Optional
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 8 Oz Swiss Cheese Shredded
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp Rosemary
- In a pan or cast iron skillet, cook your chicken breasts and dice into as small of pieces as you would like.
- While the chicken is cooking, dice your ham and onion up, tossing into the crockpot.
- Pour in your chicken broth and softened cream cheese. Toss in your chicken now that its finished cooking. Stir everything together and add in your salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning and rosemary.
- Turn on crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Once time is completed, stir in your shredded Swiss cheese.
- Freshly shredded cheese works best, it melts better then pre-shredded cheese.
- If you don’t like onions, you can omit them.