It’s hard some days having to ALWAYS pick things to eat. Sometimes complicated dinners or more difficult dinners just don’t appease me. With winter finally hitting us, I get into a slump, having it get dark so early. I tend to not have as much energy to cook big dinners and to be quite honest, it makes blogging difficult too.
I will apologize in advanced if I end up slowing down some on my posts. Don’t take it personal, just know I am probably just not in the mood.
There are days though, when I think of an easy dinner and it ends up being quite delicious. Like this one I am about to tell you about below. I had most of these ingredients in my house, some that needed to be used up so this is what I came up with. This is easy, probably bland for some BUT its quick and will feed your family for cheap.
Check out below how I made this dinner on a cheap budget!!
- 1 can Chili Sauce without beans
- Hot Dogs
- Can of buscuits
- Cheddar Cheese
How Do I Make This?
Like I said above, this is super easy. Cut up your hotdogs into bite size pieces, of course if you have small kids, cut them in half again, so they don’t choke. Spray the bottom of the glass baking dish with a non-stick spray of your choice.
Place your hotdogs on the bottom of the baking dish. Open your can of chili sauce and pour that over the top of your hotdogs and add your diced onions.
Cut your biscuits into small chunks and place on top of the chili sauce, not too close together, allowing them to rise as they cook.
Set the baking dish in the oven, cooking to allow the biscuits to cook thoroughly. When the biscuits are almost done, sprinkle your cheddar cheese on top and cooking the last few minutes, so the biscuits finish and the cheese melts
Now that your dish is done, allow to cool for a few minutes and serve up a tasty dish of this chili cheese dog casserole. I hope your kids love it and it takes some stress off of you for one night, by making this easy dinner.
Let me know what you think of it and if your family loved it. Share it with your friends.
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 Can Biscuits
- 14 Oz Chili Sauce Without Beans
- 5-6 Hotdogs
- 1 Small Onion
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Spray the bottom of the glass baking dish with your preferred non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut up hotdogs, extra small if you have kids and place in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour the can of chili sauce, over the top of the hotdogs.
- Cut up your biscuits and place on top of the chili sauce. Allowing some space between eat piece, for the biscuit to rise.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 20 minutes - Or longer if the biscuits still aren't done.
- With only a couple minutes left on the biscuits, add the cheddar cheese and stick back i the oven to finish cooking and melt the cheese.