Creamy Asparagus Over Rice is something I have made a few times, to use up things in our fridge. I had bought an abundance of Asparagus for my Friendsgiving but I forgot to cook it, so I had to use it up.
I was actually going to add leftover Turkey into this, usually I use chicken. But I completely spaced it. But that’s okay, this is still delicious. I just add meat to it’s more filling for Mark.
This is a lot like homemade Alfredo, mostly the same ingredients and the same method to cook. Check out below how I put this dinner together!
What You Need
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Turkey/Chicken (optional)
How To Start
Chop up your vegetables and grease whatever style pan you choose to use. I prefer a cast iron pan, but any will do. Once your butter or oil is hot, add in your vegetables. While the vegetables are sautéing, get your pot of rice cooking.
Sauté your vegetables on medium heat until they’re done, to your liking. I like making sure my asparagus isn’t too crunchy so I cook it longer. Also add in your salt and pepper to taste. Once your vegetables are sautéed, mix in your sauce ingredients.
Pour in your heavy whipping cream and your cream cheese. Bring these to ingredients to a slight boil, consistently stirring until all the cream cheese is melted.
Once the sauce has a slight boil, turn heat down to a simmer and let simmer for a few minutes before serving. My favorite way to serve this is over a bed of rice.
- 1 lbs Asparagus
- 4 Oz Mushroons
- 1/2 Onion
- 1-1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop up Asparagus, Mushrooms and Onions into small pieces. Get your pot of rice ready while the rest of the dish cooks.
- Grease/Oil Pan, turn heat to medium, and toss in your vegetables once the pan is hot.
- Sauté vegetables until done to your liking.
- Add in your heavy whipping cream, cream cheese and salt & pepper. Allow to cook until cream cheese is melted and the sauce comes to a slight boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve over a bed of rice or noodles.
I do like adding some chicken or turkey into this dish when I sauté my vegetables. This time I completely forgot, but it was still delicious.