Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Rice Soup is the perfect comfort soup, made with the Instant Pot. This is extremely filling, but will have you wanting another bowl. There are many ways to make this soup, but this is how I did it.
Most of these recipes call for wild rice, which is what I was going for. However, ALDI didn’t have just plain wild rice, so I went with a wild rice blend, which was just as good. I have made this is the past, with just wild rice and it was just as delicious.
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Breast
- Chicken Stock
- Wild Rice Blend or Plain Wild Rice
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Instant Pot
How Do I Make This?
For starters, you will need an instant pot for this recipe, However, you can make this on the stove, you would just have to precook your chicken and let it simmer for some time, until your rice is cooked. But this particular recipe, is designed for the instant pot.
Get out your instant pot, turn it on sauté mode and cut up your shallots. Once diced up, add to the pot of butter and sauté until golden brown. Add your minced garlic and saute for about 1 more minute. Turn off your pot, so you don’t overcook things, and get ready for your next step.
Cut up your mushrooms, carrots, celery and chicken breast. I chose to cut mine into smaller pieces, because honestly I don’t care for cooked carrots and celery much BUT they add so much flavor to a soup, it would be silly not too.
Add them all into the pot, followed by adding in your chicken stock, rice and salt & pepper.
Place the lid on the pot and get ready to pressure cook.
This is a quick step, lock the lid in place and set to 30 minutes on pressure cook. After finished pressure cooking, let it naturally vent for 10 minutes and than mix together your flour and heavy whip.
Now that your soup is done and has naturally pressure released for 10 minutes, you can start on the final step of this delicious Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Rice Soup.
You will need to make a Roux to thicken this soup, by mixing flour and butter until you make a paste. Than add in your heavy whipping cream and a cup of broth. Mix together and add into your soup. It should thicken in just a couple of minutes.
Serve up a BIG bowl of this delicious soup. Share with all your friends, this is great comfort food.
I hope you give this recipe a try and loved it as much as we did. We ate a good amount of this, just Mark and I and I am just as excited for the left overs that are in my fridge.
Remember to share with your friends and pin the recipe that is below to your Pinterest board for a later date.
Let me know what you think of it!!
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 Shallot -Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- 2 Ribs of Celery - Diced
- 3 Carrots - Diced
- 8 Oz Mushrooms -Sliced
- 1 Large or 2 Small Chicken Breasts - Diced
- 32 Oz Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Wild Rice Blend
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- Set your instant pot to the sauté setting. Add in 1 tablespoon of butter and your diced up shallot. Sauté until almost golden brown and add in your garlic. Sauté for about one more minute and than turn off the pot, to ensure nothing burns.
- Add in your carrots, celery, wild rice blend and chicken stock.
- Dice up your chicken and season with salt and pepper for taste and add into the pot with everything else.
- Add some salt and pepper to the pot and set your pot to pressure cook for 30 minutes. Make sure the vent knob is closed.
- Once soup is done pressure cooking, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes. Meaning, leave the pot be for 10 minutes and than release any pressure that is left.
- Now make your roux in a medium bowl, by melting 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and than mix in your flour, slowly. Continuously mixing until smooth. Mix in the heavy whipping cream and a cup of broth from the soup. Mix until texture is smooth.
- Add the roux to the pot and mix thoroughly and than serve up a delicious bowl of soup.
Serve this soup with a piece of buttered bread to enjoy it to its fullest potential.