This crockpot chili with turkey is SO colorful and flavorful. I have tried many recipes with turkey in substitute of beef and I have loved them all more. Sometimes I think the beef can be too much, but turkey is nice and light and takes on the flavors.
I loved how simple chili is to throw together and how you can leave it cook in a crock pot for a few hours and come back to dinner. The prep of this meal only takes a few minutes and than the crock pot does the rest. Best chili I have ever had, to be honest!
How do I make Chili with Turkey?
Start with cutting up your vegetables, onion, peppers, and celery. Toss those in the bottom of the crockpot and also a couple spoonfuls of jarred jalapenos.
While you are cutting up your vegetables, brown your turkey in a pan on the stove. Once that is done browning, if any extra fat, be sure to drain that before adding the meat to the crock pot.
Now that your turkey is browned and your vegetables are in the crockpot, you want to get your canned beans and tomato stuff in the crockpot. I started with the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and than the beans. But there is really no order on how this needs to be done.
Now you can add your turkey into the crockpot. Than give everything a good stir before you start the crock pot. Set the timer on High for 4 hours and let the crockpot do the rest.
After the 4 hours are up and the chili is done, serve up yourself a bowl. You can top some noodles with the chili if you’re feeling fancy. Or just eat it as your normally would with some cheese and sour cream on top. Don’t forget the crackers!!
Enjoy your dinner!!
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 3 Sticks of Celery
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 30 Oz Diced Tomatoes
- 30 Oz Black Beans
- 30 Oz Kidney Beans
- 1 Spoonful Jar Jalapenos
- 24 Oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Cut up your vegetables, onion, Peppers and Celery. Throw them in the bottom of the crockpot and add your spoonful of Jalapenos.
- Brown your turkey in a pan and add some seasonings while cooking. Cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Drain the meat once done cooking.
- Add in your diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans. Add the browned turkey and give everything a good stir.
- Set the timer on the crockpot for 4 hours and let the crockpot do the rest of the cooking.