Looking for a quick dinner, that’s packed with flavor and is also on the healthier side? Than look no further because this is the recipe for you! If you like Chinese and Egg Rolls, this is the perfect recipe! It’s all made in one pan, saves great for leftovers and goes really good with a side of vegetables. Here is how I make mine!
Below is a list of ingredients needed. As always, you can add or leave some things out. Not everyone likes what I like.
- Pork Sausage
- Minced Garlic
- Pepper / Garlic Power – To Taste
- Ginger Paste or Fresh Ginger
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
What Do I Need To Make This?
The supplies needed to make this, besides your list of ingredients is one large pan. I prefer to make mine in a cast iron skillet, but really any large pan will do. This makes quite a few servings, so you need at least a 10″ pan to make sure you have enough room for everything.
How Do I Make This?
Like I had mentioned earlier, this is all done in one pan. So start by browning your pork sausage, seasoning as you go. We like seasonings around here, add whatever you think would taste good. I personally add salt, pepper, garlic powder and turmeric.
While your pork is browning, slice and dice your onions and mushrooms. If you prefer to mince your own garlic, you could also do that step at this time as well. Set vegetables aside until your sausage is mostly browned. Adding vegetables into the center of the pan, to sauté in the juices, stirring together in a couple minutes.
Lastly, mix in your bag of coleslaw. This is going to look extremely full, but if you have ever cooked with cabbage, you might already know this, but cabbage will cook down. As long as you have a large enough pan, this should fit just fine was cooked down. Stirring everything together while it cooks, again adding some seasoning! I tend to add the same seasonings as when I browned my sausage, but you can add whatever seasonings you choose.
Final Step once everything is cooked down and tender, stir in your tablespoon of Ginger Paste (Or Fresh Ginger), Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil. If you feel at this step, you need to add more Sauce, you are welcome to do so. If you really like to get fancy, top with some sesame seeds and green onions! Really adds the aesthetics!
I would say that there are many ways to make this. You certainly don’t need to follow my recipe, this is just how I make it and we really enjoy it! I do hope you give it a try and leave me some feedback, I do appreciate it!
Much Love & Honey,
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lbs Pork Sausage Browned
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
- 4 Oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 14 Oz Classic Coleslaw
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste or Fresh
- tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Turmeric Seasoning
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder To Taste
- In a large pan, roughly a 10" pan, brown your pork sausage. While that is browning, slice and dice your vegetables and set aside. Season your sausage, while it is cooking.
- Once the sausage is almost fully cooked, push the sausage to the edges of the pan, tossing in your vegetables, and sautéing for a couple of minutes in the center. After a couple of minutes, mix everything together.
- Allow the sausage, mushrooms and onions to cook until tender and fully cooked. Once that is done, mix in your coleslaw. This will be a really full pan but the coleslaw will cook down. Mixing every so often until its all cooked down and tender.
- Final step, season your slaw with salt, pepper, garlic powder and turmeric. Than mix in your minced garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir everything about real good and get ready to serve.
- You can leave out anything that you don’t like.
- If you don’t have ginger, that is okay, you can skip that step.
- I don’t recommend skipping out on the sesame oil, if you can help it! It really adds a good nutty flavor.