Baked Feta Pasta is this new trend that is apparently all over TikTok. The main recipe I have seen has cherry tomatoes, olive oil, feta cheese, basil leaves and pasta. However, I chose to throw my own spin on it and throw a couple new things into it.
The best thing about being in the kitchen, is you can make a recipe however you like. A recipe is really just there as a guidance to help you find what you do and don’t like. The more time you spend in the kitchen, the more you learn what recipes need more of something or less. You may also find that you need add some things to make it your own.
A lot of times when I cook, I really don’t measure anything. To someone that doesn’t cook, I am sure that sounds scary. You just learn how much of what to throw in and what tastes good together. Now, baking, I am AWFUL at it. I remember the few times I baked when I was living at home and my dad wouldn’t even eat what I baked. It was that BAD! So I have learned I am best at cooking, not baking.
This recipe I have seen ALL over this Aldi AOS page I follow on Facebook. It has just struck me as interesting and tasty. So I was roaming through Sam’s Club the other day and just had a feeling I needed to get the ingredients to throw this together myself. I have to say, this recipe is as GREAT as everyone keeps saying. WOW.
I threw my own twist, of course. I added some Mushrooms and Onions before I baked it. Onions go on EVERYTHING at my house. Almost as much as garlic does. Check out the recipe below!
Feta Pasta With a Twist
- 1.5 lbs Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 Oz Feta Crumbled
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 Oz Mushrooms
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 lbs Noodles
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Slice tomatoes in half, dice up onion and mushrooms.
- Add vegetables to baking dish, add olive oil and seasonings and toss around.
- Leave a opening in the middle and add in the feta cheese.
- Pour a little olive oil over the feta and some more seasonings.
- Bake dish for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While baking, boil noodles in a medium pot.
- Remove dish from oven, smash tomatoes with a fork and mix everything together. Drain noodles and add into dish with the spinach and mix everything together.
- Serve in a bowl or plate.