Homemade Alfredo Sauce is just as easy as buying a jar, except it tastes 100 times better. It only takes a few minutes to make and it goes a long ways. You can add whatever kind of meat or vegetable to the sauce to make it into a full meal.
Whenever I make my Homemade Alfredo Sauce, Mark eats a giant plateful. He loves it so much, especially if I add shrimp instead of chicken to it. Sometimes I add broccoli too, depends on what I need to cook up in my fridge. Below I have a list of ingredients needed and step-by-step pictures, showing how I make this delicious meal. At the very bottom will be the actual recipe, including measurements.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- Cream Cheese – Room Temp
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
How Do I Make This?
This is a one pan sauce, your fillers and noodles will need to be cooked separately though. To start this out, make sure to leave your cream cheese out for a couple of hours to soften, this recipe works best if its at room temperature. I have found, if its not room temperature, it cools everything else down and it doesn’t thicken as it should.
Heat your pan to medium heat, I prefer to use a cast iron, but any deep dish pan should work just fine. When your pan is heated up, add in your butter, cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Once it starts melting together, use a whisk and continue whisking so it does not burn. If this is too hot, it will burn to the pan and we don’t want that.
While it is melting, you can get your seasonings together, when everything is melted, mix in your Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper. Continue whisking everything together until its all melted and its creamy.
After it is creamy, add in your Minced Garlic and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Again, whisk everything together until well incorporated and you have a slight boil. Then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Depending on the pan you use, it may still be boiling, continue lowering the heat until it has slowed down and is barely bubbling.
When it is simmering, it will thicken up very nicely and you can add in your meat or vegetables. I chose to add Shrimp to mine this last time, but I have used cooked Chicken and/or Broccoli. Mix everything together and pour over some noodles and enjoy!
Honestly, who knew this was so easy and SO delicious?!
Like I had said, whenever I make this, Mark enjoys himself a nice big plate of it. This is also a great dinner, if you are planning a romantic dinner at home or having some people over. This recipe makes a decent amount where you could feed your In-Laws for dinner as well.
I hope you give this a try and let me know what you think of it. Invite some friends over and “WOW” them with this delicious dinner you made. I promise you, you wont regret it.
Much Love & Honey,
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Homemade Alfredo Sauce is just as easy as buying a jar, except it tastes 100 times better. It only takes a few minutes to make and it goes a long ways.
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese - Room Temperature
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Course Ground Pepper
- Salt - To Taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1. Remove your cream cheese from the fridge a couple hours before you make this. Get it to room temperature.
- 2. Heat your pan over medium heat. Once hot, add in your cream cheese, butter and heavy whipping cream. Whisking constantly while everything melts together.
- 3. Once everything is melted together, mix in your minced garlic and grated parmesan. Continue whisking, ensuring it does not burn to the bottom of the pan.
- 4. Mix in your seasonings and once it is slightly boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. You don't want a roaring boil, just some slight bubbling Continue whisking while it cools down and than let it sit for a few minutes.
- 5. Once it has cooled, add in your meat or vegetables, if you are adding some. Serve over some noodles if you wish and enjoy.