As most if not some of you know, we harvested some honey about a month ago. Every time we do a harvest, I always tell myself I need to start cooking with honey more. Hence where the honey mustard potatoes came from! Upon scrolling through Pinterest, I wracked my brain and came up with this recipe!!
This was so savory, sweet and delicious, I can’t wait to make it again! Below is the full recipe, with times, measurements and instructions! Be sure to check it out!!
- Small yellow potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Powder
The ingredient list might sound crazy to some, but I swear it totally meshes together well! Theres a sweet and savory going on, with a slight zing from the mustard, its really great!
What To Do;
Honestly, I found this to be another easy dish, not much really involved with your hands. Slice and dice your potatoes to your liking, the smaller the pieces, the quicker they cook, but really any size will work!
Grease your baking dish with olive oil, toss in your potatoes, pour in your honey and mustard, season with seasonings listed above, stir everything around until the potatoes are coated and toss on a couple tablespoons of butter!
Place in a 425 degree preheated oven and cook for 20-30 minutes. I often check mine and stir them as needed. Sometimes they need more or less time, depends on the oven.
I feel like I say this all the time, but seriously it’s just that easy! Theres really not much to it!!
Can I leave out the sweet potatoes? Yes you absolutely can! You can make this with either potato, or both like I did.
What if I don’t have Dijon Mustard? You could use regular mustard if that is all you had. I just find that Dijon has a more spicier taste and less vinegary.
Can I make this without the Rosemary and/or Oregano? You could skip these seasonings, but I would think this dish would lack a lot of flavor. I find these 2 seasonings to add a very thanksgiving type of taste!
Below is the full recipe! Remember all my recipes are designed to be shared, printed, and pinned to Pinterest. Thanks for checking it out! Drop a comment if you give this a try!
Much Love & Honey,
Honey Mustard Potatoes
- 12 Oz Little Yellow Potatoes Sliced & Diced
- 12 Oz Sweet Potato Sliced & Diced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 dash Salt & Pepper
- 1 dash Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Slice & Dice your potatoes and set aside.
- In a 8×8 baking dish, grease the dish with olive oil, so it coats the bottom of the pan and some of the sides.
- Toss your potatoes into the pan and pour in your mustard and honey. Season the potatoes with listed seasonings and stir everything around. Making sure the potatoes are well coated. Note: If you find the potatoes are still too dry, add a smidge more olive oil!
- Finish the dish by adding your tablespoons of butter to the top and place in the preheated oven. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Checking at 10 minutes, giving a stir and then checking again after the next 10 minutes (20 minutes total).
- Remove from the oven once cooked and ENJOY!!