A sweet and juicy ham is my kind of style! I was gifted this ham from work and neither of us are huge ham eaters so I wanted to make it so we would love it! The only way for either of us to love ham, is to make sure its juicy! The longer the ham sits in the juices, the juicier it gets!! Here is how I made this!
- Ham – Fully Cooked
- Pineapple Juice
- Brown Sugar
This recipe is based off of an already cooked ham. You could certainly use an uncooked ham, but you would need to adjust your time accordingly. You should be able to find that information on Google or Pinterest.
When I made this, I could have used more water. Use your best judgement and add more if you feel you want more.
How-To Create This Ham
Using your instant pot, pour in the bottom of the liner, pineapple juice and water. Prep your ham by slicing it so the juices and the honey run down inside the ham. Place the ham inside the pot and drizzle your honey and brown sugar on top. You could also baste your ham if you wish.
Set the timer on the Instant Pot for 2 minutes per pound with a natural release. This will take a few minutes to come to pressure, so expect your food to cook totally with in an hour. The more liquid, the longer it will take.
Once the timer goes off, allow pot to sit and naturally pressure release. Meaning you do nothing until the pin drops and you can open the lid. Remove the lid and dice or slice your ham and leave in the juices to soak. The longer it sits, the juicier the ham will be.
Enjoy the ham with your favorite sides! I really enjoy Oven Roasted Broccoli, Cauliflower, Mashed Potatoes, Funeral Potatoes, just to name a few.
I hope you enjoy this ham as much as we did and you chose to make it for the upcoming holidays!! The full recipe with measurements will be below.
Much Love & Honey,
Instant Pot Pineapple & Honey Ham
- 1 Pressure Cooker Instant Pot
- 1 Ham Fully Cooked
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1-2 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Drizzel Honey
- Pour your pineapple juice and water in the Instant Pot liner. Make sure the liner is in there before pouring. You can add more juice or water, if you wish.
- Cut some slices in the ham, so the juices and the honey drip down into the ham.
- Place ham inside the pot, with the sliced side up. Pour your brown sugar on top and drizzle some honey over that.
- Set timer on Instant Pot for 2 minutes per pound – this is for a FULLY cooked ham.
- Allow pot to naturally release – meaning once the timer goes off, let the pot sit until your hear the pin drop and you can open the lid. Sometimes this takes 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and Dice the ham and allow to sit in the juices. The longer is sits in the juices, the juicier it will be.
- This recipe is created for a Fully cooked ham. You will need to research how long to cook a raw ham.
- You can add more water or juice if you wish, it will just take longer to get to pressure.