Have you ever had Vanilla from Mexico? Pure Vanilla is SO much more flavorful than store bought extract but that is not a bad thing. I have a container that my mom got years ago in Mexico, that is practically still full. However, I am not a baker but I do use it when I decide to make a cheesecake or French toast.
Because this is so flavorful, you only need a tiny dash when it calls for extract. This is something you can certainly over do if you aren’t familiar with its flavor.
This Vanilla Extract is made in the Instant Pot, but does not need to be. The instant pot speeds up the process of the fermenting and allows you to use the extract within a couple of weeks from processing.
If you chose not to use the Instant Pot, you can make it the same way, just let it sit in the dark for 6-12 months until ready to be used.
- Instant Pot & Trivet
- 20 Vanilla Beans
How To Make This
Cut your vanilla beans in half and than slice the long ways, leaving them still attached at the ends. Put your vanilla beans into your mason jars. Fill mason jars with vodka, almost all the way except for about an inch from the top.
Place the lid on the mason jar, without tightening it down completely, about a half a turn.
Add your trivet to the bottom of the pot and pour in a cup of water. Place jar on top of the trivet, making sure it is stable.
Set timer on the instant pot for 30 minutes, secure the lid and make sure the venting knob is closed.
Allow to naturally release and enough time for the jar to cool before removing from the pot. Once cool, pour into your container and seal tight.
Enjoy this with your next cheese cake or batch of french toast, like me.
Share with your families for Christmas!!
Below is the full recipe on how this is made. Be sure to share with your friends and pin to your Pinterest board for a later date.
- 20 Vanilla Beans
- 2-4 Cups of Vodka
- 2 Pint Mason Jars & Lids
- Cut your vanilla beans in half and slice up the center, leaving them still attached at the ends. Put into your mason jars.
- Pour vodka into the jars, leaving about ab inch from the top of the jar. Put lids on jars, only doing about a half turn, so it is still loose.
- Pour 1 cup of water into instant pot. Place trivet on the bottom, place mason jar on top of the trivet.
- Secure the instant pot lid, ensure knob is set to pressure cook and set timer to 30 minutes pressure cook.
- When 30 minutes is up, allow the pot to naturally pressure release and than let cool before removing from the pot - so you don't burn yourself.
- Remove and fill your containers with your vanilla.
Remember to not light an lighters or candles when pressure cooking this vanilla. There will be fumes from the vodka that will release while cooking.