For starters, I just love the instant pot and its convenience. Don’t have one yet? YOU NEED ONE. This is one kitchen gadget that I never truly thought I would get used to (I prefer traditional cooking) but it has certainly grown on me as I have used it more and more. I would say my favorite part about it, is the minimal dishes that I have to wash after I make dinner in the IP. Most everything just gets thrown in and you push some buttons and away it goes.
Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops
What will I need to make this?
This consists of really only using the IP. There are some measuring tools you’ll need, cutting board and knife, a plate, tongs and either a spoon or whisk. But besides there, there isn’t a ton of bowls and dishes needed to make this. Its quick, smells great and tastes even better!!
How do I prepare this?
Start with seasoning your pork chops, both sides to ensure lots of flavor. Get the pot piping HOT on sauté mode. Once the pot reads HOT, add in your pork chops. Sauté both sides, only for a few minutes. Remove from the pot and add in your mushrooms, onions, bacon and garlic. Sauté those until nice and soft. Turn off Sauté mode and add in your beef broth and deglaze the pot. Put the pork chops back in the pot and set on Manual for 7 minutes (boneless). Natural release for 10 minutes and than add in your heavy whipping cream.
See step by step photos to see how it’s all done.
How should I serve this?
We chose to serve it over some rice. However, potatoes would be really great. Or even just plain on a plate by itself would be really great as well.
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1/2 White Onion
- 4 Oz Mushrooms
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 Slices of precooked Bacon (or real bacon bits)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Turn Sauté on IP and heat the pot until it says HOT. Add in the olive oil.
2. Season the pork chops and add them to the pot.
3. Sauté the pork chops, couple minutes on both sides.
4. Remove the pork chops and add in your vegetables and bacon.
5. Sauté vegetables and bacon until tender. Just a couple of minutes.
6. Add in the beef broth and seasonings, stir together and turn off sauté function.
7. Add the pork chops back into the pot and set pot to "manual" pressure cook for 7 minutes (boneless). 10 minutes if bone-in pork chops.
8. Natural release for 10, remove pork chops and add in your heavy whipping cream. Return to sauté function until sauce is bubbling. Turn off the pot and add back the pork chops. Let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- If the sauce doesn't thicken like you wish, you could add a corn starch roux.
- I prefer bacon bits over slices of bacon, as its quicker.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe is actually low carb, if you use ultra-pasteurized heavy whipping cream. Its a really great recipe, that only take a little bit to throw together, with not a lot of headache.
I never really measure my seasonings, so this is just a “guesstimate” for how much I would use if I did measure. You can always add more of less of something, than I did.
Give this weeknight recipe a try and let me know what you think. Some asparagus or cauliflower would pair really good with these. Check out my asparagus recipe below, to make with these pork chops.