This Italian Salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for lunch the next day. The lettuce doesn’t get wilted, because the dressing is on the bottom. Italian Salad is crunchy, salty and very rich.
You can make any salad in these jars, it doesn’t have to be just this particular salad. However, I really think you should give this one a try because it is so good. My only request is to venture outside of that bottle of hidden valley ranch, try something new!
List of Ingredients for Italian Dressing
- Olive Oil
- White Wine Vinegar
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
List of Ingredients for Salad
- Sweet Pepper
- Grape Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
Why make it in a jar?
I can only assume at this point you are questioning why you would make this in a jar? Reasoning to make a salad in jar, is because it can be stored for a couple of days this way and eaten throughout the week. Perfect for meal prepping on Sundays (or whatever day you meal prep). Making the dressing first and than adding the rest of the salad on top, lettuce at the very top. When you pour the salad out, the dressing comes out last and the lettuce will still be crunchy.
Grab out a 16 oz jar, the bigger the better for this recipe so you can fit everything into it. Pour all your ingredients for your dressing into the bottom of the jar. Give it a good stir once all ingredients are in and start working on the fixings. Here is what your dressing should look like.
How-To Make The Salad Fixings
There are plenty of ways you can make this, adding things or leaving some of things out that I do. I wouldn’t say this is a traditional salad, this is just what I had on hand so I have been throwing it together.
On top of your dressing, add in your sweet peppers, onion, pepperoni, ham, tomatoes, mozzarella and lettuce. Add in your lettuce last, so it doesn’t get wilted from the dressing. Store in the refrigerator for your lunch tomorrow or the next day. This can be stored tightly in a jar for a couple of days and still remain crunchy and fresh.
I am in love with this Italian Salad, I look forward to eating this every time I make it ahead of time. You can certainly double the ingredients by making it in a bowl to make more then 1 salad. This recipe is based off of 1 salad, a very large one.
I hope you give this a try and let me know your thoughts! Full recipe is below with exact measurements, again adding or leaving things out if you wish
Much Love & Honey,
Italian Salad W/ Homemade Italian Dressing
- 1 16 oz Jar W/ Lid
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Grated or Shredded Parm
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Garlic Powder To Taste
Italian Salad Fixings
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Onion
- 1/4 Cup Pepperoni
- 1/4 Cup Ham
- 1/4 Cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded or Diced
- Lettuce Fill The Rest of the Jar
- In a 16 oz jar, pour in your Italian dressing ingredients. Such as: Olive oil, white wine vinegar, mayo, parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Italian Salad Fixings
- Dice up your peppers and onions and add on top of the dressing. Next dice up your tomatoes, pepperoni and ham and adding into the jar. Add in the mozzarella cheese and lastly chop up your lettuce and add to the top.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Can store in the fridge for a couple of days, as long as they are in air tight jars.
- Lettuce has to be added last, this prevents it from wilting.