Jalapeno Popper Chicken Breasts is an easy low carb dinner, if you like spicyyyy. I have seen some similar recipes out there, but this is how I made this “my style”. Below will be step by step pictures and directions as well as the actual recipe at the bottom.
You could still make this and leave out the Jalapenos if you don’t like spicy stuff and this would still be delicious. Also, if you seed your Jalapenos, they might not be as spicy.
One tip I also learned at the Farmers Market last year about Jalapenos was that if they have cracks in them, they are going to be VERY spicy. Obviously they’re always spicy but if you are a spice person, this is the style Jalapeno you want to search out.
List of Ingredients Needed
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese – Softened
- Ranch Seasoning
- Shred Cheese
- Preferred Chicken Seasonings
My preferred chicken seasonings was some Caribbean Jerk Seasoning I had bought from the Farmers Market last weekend. This cute couple makes their own seasonings and I have purchased their “Everything Seasoning” before but this time I seen they had Jerk Seasoning and knew I needed to try it. They had said they didn’t make it as spicy as most Jerk Seasonings, but I feel like this was just as spicy as when we ate it in Jamaica. It was exactly what I was looking for.
If you are local, they are at the Farmers Market every Saturday. They would love if you tried some of their seasonings.
How Do I Make This?
Main thing, which is pretty typical, thaw your chicken out. Depending on the type of Chicken I buy, I sometimes have to cut the breasts in half and actually make 2 breasts from one because they are so thick. I prefer them to cook quicker, than longer and causing the outside to dry out.
Once the Chicken is thawed and cut in half, if needed, season your Chicken to your liking.
Like I said, I seasoned mine with Caribbean Jerk, but any type of seasoning that you prefer, will work good on this.
Now that your Chicken is seasoned, you can now add it into your greased baking dish. I prefer to use Olive Oil but whatever you prefer to grease with, is just fine.
Grease just until the bottom part of the pan is evenly coated, not too much oil. You don’t want your Chicken swimming in oil.
Place your Chicken in the greased pan and than add your toppings.
Once the Chicken is in the pan, start on your cream cheese mixture. This works best when the cream cheese is extra soft. I let mine soften mostly on the counter and than I microwaved 4oz of the cream cheese for 17 seconds and it was the perfect texture I needed.
Mix cream cheese around until nice and smooth. Once smooth, mix in your ranch powder until all incorporated together.
Cream cheese mixture should be nice and smooth and ready for the Chicken. Cover the top half of each Chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture. If 4oz isn’t enough, you can certainly mix up the other 4oz and see where that takes you.
Take your sliced up Jalapenos and place them throughout the top of the Chicken breasts. If you like spice, add a lot, if you prefer less spice than hardly add any.
I wish when I got to this step, that I would have added onions, because in our house, onions go on everything. But I didn’t think of it until I was eating it. Next time though !!
The last and final step, to finish this recipe actually happens AFTER you bake for a bit. So stick this pan in the oven at 400 degrees, for 20 minutes (Or more depending). Once the 20 minutes are up and the Chicken is cooked mostly, by checking with your meat thermometer. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the cheese on the top and bake a final 5 minutes, to allow the chicken to finish cooking and the cheese to melt.
Remove from the oven and enjoy a delicious spicy low carb dinner. Serve with your favorite type of vegetables or just eat it plain.
I really enjoyed making this and it tasted really good. I am actually writing this blog the day after I cooked this and my mouth is watering and I can’t wait to go eat some for dinner.
I hope you give this a try and share the recipe with your friends. Remember, the actual recipe is below and all my recipes are able to be pinned to Pinterest. Click on the recipe “card” and click the P for Pinterest and save for a rainy day.
Let me know what you thought of it!!
Thanks for reading and sharing my blog. I do appreciate every one of you.
Much Love & Honey,
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Or 2 Cut in half long ways)
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Powder
- 2 Average Jalapenos (Diced)
- ~Use less if you don't want it too spicy.~
- Couple Handfulls of Shred Cheese
- Preferred Chicken Seasonings
- Olive Oil or Preferred Pan Grease
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Cut Chicken Breasts in half, if they are large otherwise set out all 4 smaller breasts.
- Season Chicken Breasts to your liking. I chose to use Caribbean Jerk Seasoning, but this is whatever you'd like.
- Grease bottom of baking dish, again I prefer Olive Oil, but whatever you prefer. Season both sides.
- Add Chicken to pan. Than get your cream cheese mixture together.
- Let cream cheese soften some on the counter, if you have time. Otherwise microwave cream cheese for 17 seconds in the microwave, or until smooth texture. Once a smooth texture, add in your ranch powder and mix together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the chicken and add diced jalapenos evenly over the top.
- Place pan in the oven for 20 minutes, or until mostly cooked. You should check this by using a meat thermometer.
- If meat is mostly cooked, add your handfulls of cheese to the top and place pan back in oven for 5 more minutes, to allow chicken to finish cooking and cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven and Enjoy!!