I love Chicken Thighs, over any other part of the chicken to be honest. I love how juicy they are and I am more of a dark meat fan. This Air Fryer recipe is great because it gets them crispy and they stay juicy, AND they cook quick.
These Chicken Thighs pair really well with a side of oven roasted broccoli, cauliflower or whatever your favorite vegetable is. These are just to name a few of the vegetables that we eat a lot. Check out below how I make these deliciously juicy Chicken Thighs in my air fryer.
What Do I Need To Start?
For starters, not to state the obvious but you will need an air fryer. Any style will do, even the IP air fryer lid should work for this. Once you have your air fryer set, you will need a small list of ingredients and supplies, such as:
- Chicken Thighs – Boneless
- Gallon Zip-lock
- Garlic Powder
- Cooking Spray
How Do I Brine These?
Last summer, we ate dinner at my Dads house and they had chicken thighs for dinner but they had brined them in salt water. I had never had chicken taste SO good. They were grilled and still juicy, I was amazed at the flavor and texture of them. So ever since, I have started brining my chicken. Its so simple and honestly makes a huge difference in my chicken. Here is how I do it.
I take a gallon zip-lock, add in some granulated salt and the chicken thighs. Fill the bag just over 3/4 full with water and set in my fridge for 24 hours. The longer you do this, the juicier they will be. After 24 hours, I dump out the salt water and I pat dry the Chicken Thighs and season them for the air fryer.
How Do I Season The Chicken Thighs?
You can season the Chicken Thighs any way that you choose really. This is just how I prefer to season mine. Use whatever kind of seasonings your heart desires. Now that you have pat dried your Chicken Thighs, toss them in a bowl and sprinkle your seasonings and mix around. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Oregano, just to name the seasonings that I used. Now they are ready for the air fryer.
How Do I Air Fry The Chicken Thighs?
Air Frying these Chicken Thighs is so easy and quick. Now that they are seasoned, place them smooth side down and spray the top layer with your desired cooking spray. I prefer to use Olive Oil Cooking Spray, but whatever you have should work. Turn on Air Fryer at 380 Degrees for 12 minutes. Once the time is up, flip, spray the top, and air fry at 380 Degrees for 6 minutes.
~Depending on the style Air Fryer, you may need to add or subtract some time.~
Remove these delicious Chicken Thighs from the Air Fryer and enjoy with your most favorite vegetables or noodles! Chicken Thighs are great left over, in a salad. I hope you give this a try and let me know what you think of it. Honestly, the brine is REALLY important in making these taste SO delicious!
Check out the full recipe below with cook times. Be sure to share this recipe with your friends and family.
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 lbs Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Powder
- Brine your chicken thighs in a gallon zip lock for 24 hours. Using 1/2 Cup of Granulated Salt and fill the bag mostly full with warm water. Place Chicken Thighs inside the zip-lock and place in fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove thighs from bag, pat dry with paper towel and place in bowl.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the Chicken Thighs and mix around so all sides are covered.
- Place in air fryer, smooth side down and spray the side that's facing up with cooking spray.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip and spray top side again, cook for an additional 6 minutes.
~Depending on the Air Fryer, you may need to adjust the time. refer to your meat thermometer before consuming~
- Each Air Fryer is different, so the temperatures may be hotter or cooler. Be sure to check your cooked meat, with a thermometer before consuming.
- Boneless works for this recipes time only. Bone-in will take longer to cook.