I got quite a few requests for some more kid typed dinners or lunches. This one is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. Minimal prep work, time or ingredients involved, absolutely perfect for those busy moms or dads.
Below is some step-by-step pictures and a quick how-to as to how I threw this together. Followed by the complete recipe at the bottom.
What Do I Need?
- Can of biscuits
- Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni (optional)
Seriously, that little of ingredients but SO easy and delicious. You could sub Pepperoni with some sausage if you would like. However, you don’t need much.
How Do I Make These “Pizza Pockets”?
Start by removing your biscuits from the can and rolling them out with a rolling pin. I probably could’ve rolled mine thinner, but roll them fairly flat and set aside. Grease your baking sheet and lay your flattened biscuits down on the sheet.
Scooping just shy of a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each biscuit and topping with your pepperoni and cheese. Not too much as it gets hard to flip them into pockets.
Fold each biscuit in half and pinch closed as tight as you can. You may lose some of the sauce but that is okay. Place in a preheated oven and bake by the directions on the can of biscuits. May have to add a few minutes since they are stuffed.
Remove from oven and let your kids enjoy, or yourself! Be sure to read the full recipe below and share with your friends. Save for future recipes!!
“Kid Friendly” Pizza Pockets
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 16 oz Biscuits
- Pizza Sauce
- Shred Cheese
- Pepperoni Optional
- Salt & Pepper To Taste – Optional
- Preheat oven to canned biscuits temperature, typically 350 degrees.
- Using a rolling pin (or something of the sorts), flatten out your biscuits to maybe a 1/4" thick.
- Grease a baking sheet and lay out the flattened biscuits.
- Scoop a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each biscuit, topping with a pinch of cheese and a pepperoni or two.
- Fold each biscuit in half, pinching each side tight the best you can.
- Bake per the cans instructions, roughly 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Spice it up a little, add some cheese to the top.
- Sprinkle some salt & pepper to the top.