Who doesn’t love a one pot meal? I would say nobody. This is great if you are looking for an easy dinner with minimal dishes!! This Kielbasa Hot Dish has a lot of different flavors but they mesh so well together. Check out below how to throw this delicious hot dish together.
If there is any ingredients you don’t like, you can certainly leave them out. I always suggest trying it with them, but I know some textures freak people out. Here is a list of the ingredients used.
- Sweet Peppers
- Yellow Onion
- Instant Rice
- Dijon Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Beef Broth
- White Wine Vinegar
I found this recipe really fun because I used a lot of things that I had in my fridge and pantry. If a lot of these ingredients aren’t something you have, I suggest you stocking up. These are essential to a lot of things, lets spice up your dinners a little bit.
Everything is literally cooked in one pot. Aside from having to dice things up, I didn’t use any dishes other than measuring tools and the pot. Make sure you have a larger pot with a lid, doesn’t need to be huge but a lid is necessary for this recipe, so the rice can cook.
Can I use long grain rice?
Yes, you can use long grain rice, if you don’t prefer instant. I have not experienced with long grain enough, to know how long it needs to cook. That would be something you need to experiment with.
How Do I Start This?
While your pot is heating up, start by dicing up your vegetables and kielbasa. Once your pot is heated up, sauté your onions and sweet peppers first, these take a little longer to soften. Once those are softened to your liking, toss in your kielbasa, get a nice sear on those. Lastly, throw in your mushrooms, these take the littlest time so we want to toss those in last. Allow everything to sauté together real nice.
Now for the liquid
I enjoyed this part, its a hodge-podge of ingredients but they come together so well at the end. Once your meat and vegetables are sautéed, pour in your wet ingredients, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, white wine vinegar. Give it all a good stir and now we work on the final set.
Adding the Rice
Add in your instant rice, stir everything once again really good so the rice is all the way in the liquid. Place the lid on your pot and allow the rice to cook for roughly 8-10 minutes. Reducing your heat to a simmer, don’t remove from the heat. You can remove from the heat once it’s done cooking the rice. Final step, mix in your desired seasonings. Everyone has different taste, so add what you prefer.
What Made You Decide On This?
You may be wondering why I chose to make this. Quite honestly, I come with a lot of my recipes by looking at other peoples recipes and than just thinking about what I can make. I came into this recipe knowing I wanted some kielbasa and peppers together. I had NO idea how I wanted to put them together. Just started adding things and hoping it would come together like I had imagined. It absolutely came together as good as I had hoped, I loved this!
Please check out the full recipe below, remember you can print all my recipes and save them to your Pinterest for a later date. If you try this recipe, I would greatly appreciate some feedback, drop a comment, tag my page in your Facebook posts, whichever, I just love the feedback.
Much Love & Honey,
One Pot Kielbasa Hot Dish
- 1 Large Pot W/ Lid
- 1 Ring Kielbasa Diced
- 2 Medium Sweet Peppers Diced
- 1/2 Medium Purple Onion Diced
- 4 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 1/2 Cup White Rice Instant
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- Heat your large pot over a medium heat, melt your butter. While that is heating up, slice and dice your vegetables and kielbasa.
- Once your pot is heated up, sauté your peppers and onions, roughly for 5 minutes. Once those are almost fully sauteed, throw in your kielbasa, for another 5 minutes. When that 5 minutes is up and your kielbasa has a nice sear, throw in your mushrooms. Cooking everything together another 5 minutes.
- Mix in your wet ingredients, giving a good stir. Pour in your instant rice and stir all together. Making sure the rice is all mixed into the liquid.
- Place the lid on your pot and allow the rice to cook for 8-10 minutes. After time is up, sprinkle in your desired seasonings and serve!
- If there is any ingredient you don’t like, you can certainly leave it out. I do suggest trying it, unless texture freaks you out.
- You can always add more, to feed more.