I love Brussel Sprouts. They have a taste that is kind of hard to explain, kind of cabbage-y, but also “green” tasting. I love them oven roasted with salt, pepper, garlic powder and bread crumbs. Take a look below to how I throw these together and roast them in the oven.
Start by heading to your local grocery store and picking up a pound of brussel sprouts and olive oil (If you don’t already have some). This can be made in either a cast iron pan or a clear baking dish.
What Do I Need?
- 1 Pound Brussel Sprouts – Raw
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Power
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
How Do I Make This?
Cut the ends off of your sprouts and than cut them in half. If they are very big, cut them into half a second time. The only time I really have to do that, is when I buy a fresh stalk from the farmers market.
Add into your cast iron pan or clear baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the sprouts. Season with your salt, pepper and garlic as much as you wish. We prefer a lot of garlic, so I go heavy on the garlic.
The last step before placing in the oven is adding your bread crumbs. I make my own bread crumbs, but store bought ones will work just fine as well. Or if you are doing low-carb, use pork rinds as a bread crumb or completely skip this step if you wish.
Toss into the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the sprouts are nice and golden brown. Sprinkle your grated parmesan on top once you remove from the oven, allow to sit for a few minutes to the cheese can melt.
Serve up this delicious side dish with your favorite meat, burgers, pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, you name it, it pairs great.
I hope you give these a try, even if you have never tried these. I have not had a single friend come over and try these and not like them. I get some requests from friends to make these whenever we have a cookout, because they love them so much. Let me know what you think once you try them and if you think you will make them again.
Much Love & Honey,
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Oven roasted Brussel Sprouts pair really well with your favorite main course. This recipe will have people wanting more.
- 1 Pound Brussel Sprouts - Raw
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the ends/stems off the brussels and cut them in half. If they are larger, cut them in half again.
- Toss into a cast iron skillet or clear baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the brussels, until covered. Not too much, as you don't want to drown them. I would say roughly 2 tablespoons to start, can always add more.
- Season the brussels with your salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. I usually add a little more garlic powder than anything, because we like garlic taste.
- Stir them around a couple times to make sure they are coated in olive oil and seasonings, adding more as needed.
- Sprinkle your bread crumbs, stir once and sprinkle some more over the brussels.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, remove, stir, and place back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- If they are nice and golden brown, remove and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and allow to melt into the brussels for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with your favorite main course meal.
Love them, taste so good. Thanks again for sharing.
Love them, taste so good. Thanks again for sharing. So simple and easy to make.