Parmesan Garlic Drumsticks in the Air Fryer. This recipe is a little bit more in-depth than most of my recipes but still very simple to make. You can make your drumsticks in the oven if you do not have an air fryer. The recipe will be based off of Air Fryer temperatures, so make sure to do your research on times, if you are baking in the oven.
Parmesan Garlic Drumsticks can be time consuming, I wouldn’t say any longer than an hour though. You will dirty a few dishes, but in the end its totally worth it. Check out the step-by-step pictures below and the full recipe at the bottom. Enjoy!
What Do I Need?
Aside from the obvious, Chicken Drumsticks and an Air Fryer. Here is a quick list of ingredients needed.
- Garlic – Roasted or Minced
- Sour Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Salt Water
A quick tip I have shared a few times, but will continue to share is Brine your chicken thighs/drumsticks/wings. If you prefer juicy chicken (I mean who doesn’t), brine it over night! Seriously! Its so simple, its just a quarter cup of salt in a gallon bag zip lock, add in your chicken and fill the remainder with water.
Place back inside the fridge overnight! Once cooked, they will come out SO juicy and delicious. I don’t feel it gives the chicken much of a salty taste, but it definitely keeps it juicy.
Air Fry Drumsticks
Again, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can oven bake your drumsticks. Do your research to see what the temperature and time would be for that. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees. While it’s preheating, be sure to dry your drumsticks off,
In a small bowl, toss in your drumsticks, a little bit of oil and your desired seasonings. I like a little garlic powder and pepper on mine, but add whatever you would like to yours. Mix them around in the oil and seasonings and get them ready for the air fryer.
Place seasoned drumsticks on the cooking rack of your air fryer. Place in the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes and flip, cooking an additional 10 minutes, or longer. Checking with a thermometer, reaching a temperature of 165 degrees before consuming.
Parmesan Garlic Sauce
While you are cooking your drumsticks, start working on your Parmesan Garlic Sauce. In a small pan, heat up your butter until completely melted. Mix in your garlic (roasted or minced), parmesan cheese and sour cream. Whisking everything together until your desired creaminess.
Season the sauce with some salt, pepper, and parsley.
Once your drumsticks have finished cooking and your parmesan garlic sauce is all done, now is the time to throw them both together. Get our your plate, lay down your drumsticks and drizzle the sauce on top. Topping with some shredded parmesan cheese, if you desire.
Enjoy these drumsticks with your favorite vegetable, a side of Macaroni & Cheese, cottage cheese, whatever it may be. I guarantee you will just LOVE these. Be sure to check out the full recipe below.
Much Love & Honey,
Parmesan Garlic Drumsticks – Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Gallon Ziplock
- Chicken Drum Sticks Brined Overnight
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Garlic Minced or Roasted
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 Cup Salt
Salt Water Brine
- 24 hours, before cooking. In a gallon zip lock, pour in your salt and throw in your drumsticks and fill the bag the rest of the way with water. Let sit in fridge for 12-24 hours. Allowing the chicken to brine in the salt water.
Air Fry Drumsticks
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees. While preheating, dry your drumsticks off with papertowel. Add into a large bowl, pouring your olive oil on top and your desired chicken seasoning.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer, at 380 degrees for 10 minutes. Flipping and cooking another 10 minutes. Cooking completely until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Parmesan Garlic Sauce
- In a medium pan, melt your butter, until completely melted. Mixing in your garlic, parmesan cheese and sour cream. Whisking everything together until desired creaminess.
- Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Top your cooked chicken drumsticks with the parmesan garlic sauce.