I have had plain salmon many of times as much as I do like it, I only like to eat a small amount at a time. It can get too fishy for my liking so I thought this pesto & Parmesan encrusted salmon would be a good way to change things up a little bit. And I am so glad that I did, this was very delicious and I will definitely do it again!
Below I have a quick step by step with some pictures and the full recipe at the bottom! Please read and tell me what you think!
- Salmon Filet
- Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How Do I Create This?
Pesto & Parmesan encrusted Salmon is fairly easy to create. If you chose to make your own pesto, now would be the time to do that. I chose to buy it just because it was quicker, it’s delicious either way!
Preheat your oven and grease your baking pan with your preferred type of cooking oil. Lay your salmon down on the pan and add your toppings.
Top your Salmon with your pesto, slather that all over the top layer. Not too thick but not too thin, just enough to coat the whole top layer.
Combine your Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl. Sprinkle your Parmesan and bread crumb mixture on top of the pesto, you want to cover most of the pesto with this mixture.
Place your pan in the oven for 25 minute or until your Salmon is fully cooked. The time would defer depending on how thick your Salmon is.
Serve with your favorite sides, garlic bread or vegetables. A nice tip to make this low carb, would be to substitute your bread crumbs for pork rinds. Either way will be so delicious and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
I hope you give this a try. This would be a GREAT dinner idea for Valentines Day that is coming up. Want to impress your loved one? Feed them a dinner that’s fancy, without having to leave the comfort of your home.
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 Salmon Filet
- 1 Jar Pesto (Or homemade if you prefer)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray your baking pan with your prefer cooking spray and lay your salmon filet down.
- Mix in a small bowl, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Spoon your pesto all over the top layer of the salmon. Cover it the best you can.
- Sprinkle your breadcrumb and parmesan cheese mixture, over the pesto. As much as you prefer.
- Place baking pan in the oven for 25 minutes or until your salmon is cooked. The time would depend on how thick your filet is.
This will make a great dinner idea for Valentines Day that is coming.
Pesto can be strong, so try not to put TOO much. If you don't typically like a lot of flavor, this might not be the best dinner idea for you.