Here is another one of my favorite types of recipes, its a one-pan dinner. I love when I don’t have to use a ton of dishes to make dinner. When I made this dinner, I had an idea in mind and I just let my creative juices flow. It turned out extremely tasty and I will definitely be making it again. Once I taste tested, I couldn’t wait to create the recipe to share with you.
Below is a quick step-by-step including some pictures and the full recipe at the bottom. All my recipes can be tweaked to your liking. The recipe is more for a guidance for you to create something just as delicious.
What Do We Need?
Here is a list of everything I used, again you can add or leave something out. I think next time I would add some mushrooms.
- Sweet Pepper – Chopped
- Yellow Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Beef
- Beef Broth
- Swiss Cheese
- Desired Seasonings ie. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, ect.
How Do I Make This?
Start out by prepping everything. Dice your peppers and onions, grab out your seasonings and your ground beef. In a medium pan, melt a table spoon of butter, once melted begin sautéing the peppers. You should season this some with whatever seasoning you prefer. Allow those to cook until softened, 10-15 minutes roughly, over a medium heat.
When the peppers are almost done softening, add in your onion and garlic. Saute the vegetables together for a few minutes, just about until the onions are see-through and then remove from heat and set aside on a plate or in a bowl.
Now that your peppers are cooked and set aside, toss in a little butter and than brown your burger. Seasoning the burger while cooking, again with whatever desired seasoning. When the burger is done cooking, mix in your vegetables and stir until combined.
Since everything is sauteed and browned, you will need to make a light gravy. This is just to thicken the dish up a little bit. Pour your beef broth into the pan and then mix together a 1:1 ratio of corn starch and cold water. Pour the roux into the pan and mix until everything thickens. If its not thick enough for you, try it again. Remember to always use cold water.
Finally, top the meat and vegetables with shredded cheese. You can mix two cheese together, use one cheese or skip the cheese. After you sprinkle on the cheese, remove the pan from heat and allow the cheese to melt.
I find this is best served with your favorite vegetable! Want to spice it up some more, add this over a bed of rice or mashed potatoes. I thought it was really great by itself but there are many ways you can eat this.
Let me know if you give this a try, share how you tried it and what you did different. Save this to your Pinterest or print and add it into your cookbook. Thanks for checking out my recipes, I appreciate every one of you.
Much Love & Honey,
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 1 Medium Pan
- 1 Large Sweet Pepper Chopped Long Ways
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- Desired Seasonings ie, Salt,Pepper,Garlic Powder
- 4 oz Mozzarella Shredded
- 4 oz Swiss Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Beef Broth
- Corn Starch & Cold Water 1:1 Ratio
- Slice your peppers, dice your onion and set aside your burger, seasonings, and beef broth. Shred your cheese if you didn't buy pre-shredded.
- In a medium pan, melt a tablespoon of butter or olive oil and then add in your peppers. You are going to cook peppers until tender soft. Right before they are done, mix in your onions and minced garlic.
- Saute those 3 things for a few minutes and then remove and set aside in a separate bowl. We will come back for them. Season the vegetables while they cook.
- Adding in another tablespoon of butter or olive oil toss in your hamburger. Browning your hamburger and seasoning while its cooking. Mix back in your vegetables and stir to combine.
- Pour in your beef broth and stir to coat everything in broth. Mix together your cold water and corn starch 1:1 ratio and pour into the pan. Stir until everything thickens. If its not as thick as you'd like, give it another try. Remember to only use cold water.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the meat and vegetables and remove from heat. Let casserole sit for a few minutes, so the cheese can melt and serve.