Ranch Chicken is so delicious, it is crazy to believe this is even low carb. The cream cheese adds so much creaminess to the chicken and who doesn’t love a little crunch from the bacon. This even had Mark raving and saying this is his favorite chicken YET.
This recipe is a little time consuming but its well worth the wait. The prep is what takes the longest and the cook time was short. I really liked how well everything went together and how little of dishes I had when all said and done.
Where do I start?
Get out a pan that you can cook both your bacon in and your chicken. Start your bacon and cook until crispy brown. Once cooked, remove from pan and get your chicken ready.
Get out your chicken breasts. If the breasts are thick, I prefer to cut them in half the long ways. This recipe I started with 2 but ended up with 4 decent breasts. I than pounded them with a meat tenderizer just to help make them thin and cook nice in the pan.
Once you get the meat all tenderized, you want to add in your seasonings. You can season your chicken with whatever, I chose to use pepper, salt and garlic powder. Sometimes I throw a little Jamaican Jerk seasoning on mine too, adds a little extra flavor.
Once you have your meat all seasoned and ready, use the remaining grease from the bacon and add a splash of vegetable oil to the pan. Add in your chicken and cook both sides for 2-3 minutes or until mostly cooked through.
Add the cooked chicken to a greased 9×13 baking dish. And start working on your cream cheese ranch.
How to make the Ranch Cream Cheese
Mix together your cream cheese, garlic powder, dried dill weed, onion powder and shred cheese. Get all incorporated and add to the chicken. Break up the bacon into pieces and add to the cream cheese as well as chopped onions and shred cheese.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve up a plate with your favorite vegetables or baked potatoes. Absolutely delicious and filling!!
Thanks for reading and checking out my recipe. Please remember to share with your friends, pin it to your favorite pinterest board, or print it for a later date.
Ranch Baked Chicken~Low Carb
Ranch baked chicken, is a low carb dish that is creamy and delicious with lots of cheese and bacon.
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 4 Pieces of Bacon - Crumbled
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese - Softened
- 4 Oz Shred Cheese
- 1/2 Medium Onion (Optional)
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Dill Weed
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cook the bacon pieces until crispy brown. Once done, remove from pan but keep the grease.
- If chicken breasts are large, cut in half the long ways. Tenderize them with a meat tenderizer until nice and thin. Season chicken with pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Add chicken to the pan with bacon grease, add some vegetable oil if bacon did not produce much grease. Cook both sides of the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and add to greased baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ranch cream cheese. Mix together cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed and 2 oz shred cheese.
- Add ranch cream cheese to chicken. Top with bacon crumbles, onions and the rest of the shred cheese.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.