I think my favorite past time in the summer is to make some Jam. It’s very simple and yet delicious. The Jam only requires only a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time, so you might as well. Refrigerator Jam is something that needs to be eaten fairly quickly, since it has no preservatives in it. I tend to think that’s the best kind of jam, smallest amount of ingredients possible!
What Do I Need?
To make this Jam, you need some ripe fruit! Some examples that I have made so far are, Raspberry, Blackberry and Strawberry. You can use any fruit as long as its ripe, almost too ripe! You want the fruits to break down easy during the cooking process, but yes still have some chunk to be considered a Jam.
The other ingredient needed is sugar. Yep, that’s it, Fruit and Sugar. I know you like simple, this is simple! Follow along below to see how you can make this delicious 2 ingredients refrigerator Jam!!
Like mentioned above, you need ripe fruit. Wash and remove any stems from your fruit. For instance, on strawberries, remove the green tops. Set those aside for just a minute.
In a pot, big of small depending on how much you’re making, toss your fruit in and your sugar. Break up some of the fruit while its cooking down, this allows the juices to drip out, creating a liquid for the jam. You can really spice things up and do what I did and add a teaspoon of Honey to your jam. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
Allow the fruit and sugar to boil at a medium heat, stirring often. You don’t want your fruit to burn but you also want it to break down too. Once you get your fruit to a low boil, turn the heat to a low medium and boil for 5-10 minutes, again stirring often.
Remove the jam from the heat and let sit until it cools, the jam will thicken as it cools. Once cooled, pour into your jar and let it finish cooling before placing the lid on the jar. Once its completely cooled, screw on the lid and put in the fridge!
Viola! Its really that simple! It takes roughly 30 minutes out of your day and it tastes wonderful on a piece of toast!! Below I will have the full recipe, please share with your friends, Facebook, Pinterest and print it for a later day.
I hope you give this simple refrigerator Jam a try and enjoy!!
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 Pot
- 1 Cup Fruit Ripe
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Honey Optional
- Wash your fruit and remove any stems that are needed.
- In a pot, add in your sugar and fruit and turn stove on to medium heat. Stirring the fruit around often and mashing the bigger pieces, allowing juices to come out.
- Bring the jam to a light boil, stirring often and boil for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Jam will thicken as it sits.
- Once cooled, pour jam into your jar, screw on the lid and place in the refrigerator.
- This Refrigerator Jam needs to be eaten within a few weeks. There are no preservatives so it can go bad quickly!
- Add a teaspoon of honey if you would like to sweeten it up some!