Another week into my weekly soup challenge! Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup is one I made a few years back and never found a recipe that I liked since! I never saved the recipe after the time I made it. I looked at a few recipes recently and threw together my own version!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Soup is perfect for that spice lover in your family! Got a cold lingering around your house, make this soup, it’s bound to knock it out! Some step-by-step pictures are below as well as the full recipe at the very bottom.
List of Ingredients Needed
- Chicken Breast
- Diced Tomatoes W/ Green Chilis
- Chicken Broth
- Buffalo Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Slap Ya Mamma Seasoning (Optional)
- Cream Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
Slow Cooker Assembly
In your crockpot toss in your chicken breasts, diced celery and onions, both cans of diced tomatoes, chicken broth and Buffalo Sauce. Give all the ingredients a good stir and then season the soup. Season with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and optional Slap Ya Mamma seasoning.
Set timer on the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on low. Low and slow is really best, gives the chicken time to break down nice for shredding.
After the timer is up, shred your chicken up. You can remove from the crockpot if its easiest or shred it right inside the crock. Mix in your shredded mozzarella and room temperature cream cheese. Set timer on the crockpot for 30 more minutes on high, to ensure all the cream cheese melts.
Once the final 30 minutes is up, serve yourself up a delicious bowl! This is spicy but creamy at the same time. It really excited the taste buds! Check out the full recipe below with measurements and cook times.
Thanks for checking out my recipe!!
Much Love & Honey,
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 1 6-8 Quart Crockpot
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 Celery Sticks Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 20 oz Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened & Cubed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mamma Seasoning Optional
- Put your chicken, diced onions and celery, and canned tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Pour in your chicken broth and buffalo sauce. Mix everything together and stir in your seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic powder and optional slap ya mamma seasoning.
- Set the timer on the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on low. Cooking until your chicken is fully cooked and shreds well.
- Shred your chicken and stir in your mozzarella cheese. Then stir the cheese in your softened cream cheese. Continuing to stir until mostly melted.
- Final step, turn the slow cooker on high for 30 more minutes, allowing the cheeses to melt into the soup. This step can be skipped if your cheese melted good right away when added.
- You can remove the chicken to shred it, if its easier. Otherwise shred right inside the slow cooker.
- Optional topping: Blue Cheese Crumbles