Is there really anyone who doesn’t love chips and a good dip? This Smoke Queso Cheese Dip is a one pan dip that tastes SO good. Its so cheesy and bursting with flavor, you wont be able to stop eating it. Its so easy to throw together and literally feeds a crowd.
Mark and his friends built a sweet RC car track. They got out some heavy equipment, shovels, rakes and wheel barrows and worked hard for 2 weekends in a row, to get this track ready for some RC car racing.
I’m the kind of person who likes to tag along and do “guy” stuff or at least watch. But I never show up empty handed. I may not be help with a shovel and wheel barrow but I can cook some mean food. One thing about men, you have to keep them fed, especially if they are consuming beers all day.
Each weekend that we have spent there, I try and find something new and fun to make to keep every one fed. Sometimes it may just be a snack and sometimes its a meal. Mark and I happened to find this small charcoal grill on the side of the road and its come in handy really well at the track so far.
This last weekend I chose to throw together this Smoke Queso Cheese Dip on the grill and OMG was it good. I have never seen people eat so much cheese dip before. There was cheese in some of their beards, they were devouring it so fast. (SCORE)
Here is a quick run down on how this is done. I didn’t take progress pictures, because I honestly forgot and I am sorry but sometimes it is a lot of work (its all part of the game, I know I know). Like I mentioned above, this is a one pan recipe, toss everything in your pan and throw it on the grill. Remember, if you’re feeding hungry men, be sure to stay ahead of the game and get the grill going early.
How To Prep The Cheese Dip
You will want to get a aluminum cake pan at the dollar store or whatever kind of store you have in town. I chose the 9×13 cake pan and honestly I don’t think I would go any smaller, as it might not all fit and you need some stirring room.
Get all your ingredients together and literally toss it all in the pan. Once you have everything in the pan, if you haven’t yet, get your charcoal grill started. Get your charcoal nice and hot until theyre almost gray and push over to the side of the grill. My grill was small so there was only so much room and I ALWAYS stir things, so having some charcoal under the pan was okay, just not too much.
Here’s How To Cook (Melt) It
Place your pan on the grill and stir every couple of minutes. Make sure to close the lid while cooking to keep that heat in there. Be sure to stir every couple of minutes, so your cheese doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan. Once all the cheese is melted, carefully remove from the grill and set on a safe counter top or table, that will not melt.
Serve up with your favorite kind of tortilla chips and watch everyone enjoy this!
Smoked Queso Cheese Dip
This Smoked Queso Cheese Dip is great if you're feeding a crowd. This makes so many servings and tastes AMAZING.
- 1 lb Pork Sausage - Browned & Crumbled
- 2 lbs Velveeta Cheese - Diced
- 8 Oz Mexican Cheese
- 1/2 Onion - Diced
- 10 Oz Diced Tomatoes With Green Chiles
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Handful of Pickled Jalapenos (Or fresh)
- 1/2 Cup of Water/Milk/Beer
- Start with lighting your charcoal grill so the charcoal is nice and gray when you have your pan ready.
- Brown your pork sausage and get all crumbly. Add to the pan.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pan. Bring pan over the grill and get your charcoal ready.
- Move your hot charcoal over to the side of your grill, not too far away that the cheese wont melt. Add your pan to the side of the grill that doesn't have charcoal and close the lid.
- Allow cheese to melt down for about 30 minutes - could be more or less. Stirring frequently so the cheese does not burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Once all cheese is melted and incorporated together, remove pan from grill and set on a safe counter/table top.
- Serve in bowls or plates and eat with your favorite tortilla chips.
I chose to use beer for my recipe, but water or milk would work just as good.
Such a beautiful and superb article, we have been looking for this information about the survival healing of traditional mexican remedies. Keep sharing such informative articles in future, will be appreciated. I enjoyed reading this article!! Great blog and would suggest others too. Wow!! I just finished reading this article. I was planning on giving my son and his girlfriend a list of things to do for their new baby. I had just told n them that these are things that worked for generations in our family. I guess I had forgotten a few. Thank you. My mom was a curandera