Tater Tot Casserole is a quick dinner that will feed a family on a budget. I was surprised when I shared a post on Facebook, that I had made this for dinner and how much traffic the post had generated. It than dawned on me that I should make up my recipe, because I do make it differently than some people do. Below is step by step on how I make this and at the very bottom will be the recipe.
How Is Yours Different?
There are so many different recipes for this out there but most of them call for mixed vegetables. If you like mixed vegetables, definitely make your tater tot casserole with them. I on the other hand, do not like pees so this recipe below is with corn, onions and green beans for vegetables.
What Do I Need To Make This?
Tater Tot Casserole is a family budget friendly recipe. Depending on your location, you can make this for around $9-10. That also depends on where you buy your ingredients from and how much of a bargain shopper you are. Here is a list of items you will need to create this recipe, you can substitute anything you feel you want.
- Ground Beef
- Frozen Corn
- Frozen Green Beans
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Tater Tots
How Do I Make This?
To make Tater Tot Casserole, you will want to start with browning your ground beef in a pan., draining out any access drippings. Grease the bottom of your 9×13 baking dish and spread the ground beef in the bottom of the pan.
Mix in your vegetables and your can of cream of mushroom soup. Stir everything together thoroughly, ensuring everything is covered in cream of mushroom soup. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and whatever else kind of seasonings you choose.
Place your taters on top, you can place them neatly in a row or just toss them on top. I prefer to neatly lay them out, it just looks better to me.
Final step, shred your cheese and toss that on top of the tater tots. Place in preheated oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, until your tater tots are golden brown and your cheese is melted.
Enjoy yourself a delicious plate of this Tater Tot Casserole. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do and you share this recipe with your family. Be sure to read the entire recipe below.
Much Love & Honey,
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 6 Oz Frozen Corn
- 6 Oz Frozen Green Beans
- 10.5 Oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 16 Oz Tater Tots
- 4 Oz Cheddar Cheese
- Brown your ground beef in a pan, draining any access grease.
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees and grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Dump in your ground beef, green beans, onion and corn to your baking dish. Mix in your can of cream of mushroom soup and mix everything together good.
- Place tater tots on top and top those with your cheddar cheese.
- Toss in oven for 20-30 minutes, until your tater tots are golden brown and your cheese is melted.
- You can substitute the cream of mushroom soup for your preferred type of cream soup, like onion for example.
- If you like mixed vegetables, you can also use those instead of corn and green beans.