Unstuffed Pepper Hot Dish was just a random thought that came to mind one day. I love when a recipe comes to my mind and it turns out exactly as expected. There are times when things just don’t go as planned, but we chalk that up to a fail and move the heck on! I keep on, keeping on, as Matthew McConaughey said in Dazed and Confused.
Unstuffed Pepper Hot Dish was something I just randomly thought about and threw ingredients together. It worked out as expected and tasted delicious (chefs kiss). Mark had himself 2 helpings of this and said it was very good. That in itself, is saying something.
I took some step-by-step photos and some excellent finishing photos and have them all posted below. At the very bottom I have written up the full recipe for you. Recipes are equipped with being able to be printed or saved to Pinterest.
Here is a list of ingredients that I used and are needed for you to make this. You are welcome to leave some things or if you find something you want to add, add it in there. The recipes I create are never something to follow by heart, they are suggestions to get yourself comfortable with cooking.
List of Ingredients
- Medium Peppers
- Pork Sausage
- Yellow Onion
- Minute Rice
- Spaghetti Sauce – Sugar Free
How Do I Put This Together?
I often tend to think, this is a common question for most people when they are scrolling through a recipe. How on earth do I make this delicious looking recipe? Lucky for you, I am going to show you how to do, just that.
Aside from browning your sausage and cabbage, the rest is all done inside the casserole dish. We can call this is a 1.5 dish recipe, that sounds fun doesn’t it? Here is how I put everything together.
Once you have browned your sausage and added it to the casserole dish. Mix in your cut up vegetables, rice and spaghetti sauce. No specific order needed, mix in however.
Place your casserole dish in the oven, cooking for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, mixing everything around and placing back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Shred your mozzarella and top the hot dish. Place back in the oven until the cheese has melted, to your desired liking.
How Did This Come To Me?
I was just thinking one day about something we had never had and I wanted to wing it and see what I could make. Mark and I, have had stuffed peppers and also stuffed pepper soup, but I was shooting for easy. I am a sucker for an easy recipe and I know my followers are too! This winter has been a lot of casseroles, they go far and sometimes for minimal price too. I do a lot of budget cooking and honestly I give a lot of food away.
Just last week, I had made 2 soups that made a lot more than I expected, and was able to share with some family members and still have some left overs to freeze. I tend to grocery shop for Mark and myself, around $50 a week. If I can find a recipe I can make a lot of servings, for an affordable price, I will. If you are trying to do the same, seriously stick with me! I would never steer you wrong!
Full recipe with measurements and cook time is right below. Please remember to print, Facebook share and save my recipes to Pinterest. Every share goes a long ways!! I appreciate the old and new followers! Drop a comment if you are wiling to give this one a try.
Much Love & Honey,
Unstuffed Pepper Hot Dish
- 1 Casserole Dish 9×13 or 8×11
- 1.5 Medium Peppers Sweet – Diced
- 1 lbs Pork Sausage Browned
- 1 Cup Cabbage Browned
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1.5 Cups Minute Rice
- 32 Oz Spaghetti Sauce Sugar Free
- 4 Oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 4 Oz Mozzarella Cheese Freshly Shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan, brown your pork sausage and slice and dice your vegetables.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and using the same pan, brown your cabbage for just a few minutes. You may have to add a splash of water to boil the cabbage a little to soften it up.
- Grease your baking dish, tossing in your browned sausage, vegetables, rice, and spaghetti sauce. Mixing everything together until well coated.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss everything around, place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Shred your mozzarella cheese and sprinkle on top of the hot dish and place back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Or until your cheese is melted to your desire.