This Hearty Breakfast Sandwich is so very filling but oh-so-delicious! This was one of those random inspirations that came to me after I tried a similar sandwich from Dunkin Donuts. I would have to say that mine tasted a little bit better.
I really like guacamole, but I struggle with plain avocado, but knew there had to be a way to make this and it not taste entirely like plain avocado and I did just that. Be sure to check out the step-by-step below and the full recipe at the bottom!
- Rye Bread
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Garlic Powder – to taste
Slice your avocados, remove the pits and the guts. In a medium bowl, mash the guts of the avocado using a fork. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. I preferred mine a little on the salty side, but that’s entirely your choice.
How-To Create This Sandwich
I preferred to fry my eggs and bacon separate for this recipe. Cook your eggs to a over-easy if you like runny yolk or pop your yolk and set aside. While the eggs are cooking, fry your bacon to your desired crispiness and also set aside.
Now that your avocado spread is ready and your eggs and bacon are cooked, we are going to start working on the sandwich. Butter one side of each piece of bread, placing one of the pieces butter down in a medium pan. Heat the pan to a medium heat and create the sandwich.
On the bread, spread on the avocado spread, place on your egg, bacon and cheese. Place the second piece of bread on top, butter side up. Once the first side as a crisp, carefully using a spatula, flip the sandwich over, doing the same to the other side.
Enjoy your hearty breakfast sandwich with your best cup of coffee, glass of milk or water! This will not store well, so I don’t suggest cooking this ahead of time. The avocado will get brown and taste weird. This is to be enjoyed right after cooking!
Be sure to check out the full recipe at the bottom, with measurements and full directions. Remember I appreciate if you share or save to Pinterest for a later date.
As always, Much Love & Honey,
Hearty Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 Frying Pan Medium
- 2 Avocados Medium – Ripe
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Garlic Powder To Taste
Sandwich – Measurements for 2 Sandwiches.
- 4 Pieces Rye Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Slices Cheese
- 4 Pieces Bacon Cooked
- 2 tbsp Butter Spreadable/Softened
- In separate pans, cook your bacon to your desired crispiness and your eggs however you like. Over easy, pop the yolk, scrambled, etc.
- Slice ripe avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop the insides into a large bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Butter one side of all 4 pieces of bread. Heat a medium pan to medium heat, putting one piece of bread, butter side down.
- Spread the avocado spread on one side of the bread, than add cheese, egg and bacon. Place second piece of bread on top, butter side up and carefully flip sandwich over, once the first side is toasted. Toast the second side for a couple of minutes.